博士申请 | 新西兰梅西大学王睿俐教授招收语音识别和NLP方向全奖博士生
153****2211 last edited by
梅西大学（Massey University）成立于 1927 年，是新西兰最大的一所教育和研究学府，也是新西兰唯一一所真正的全国性大学，下辖五所学院，分别是商学院、科学院、艺术学院、教育学院以及人文与社会科学学院。梅西大学在商学、兽医、农业科学、工程、航空和艺术等学术研究方面极为出色，梅西大学以综合学术研究水平位居亚太地区百强名校之列。在 2021 年 QS 世界大学排名上，梅西大学排名 272 位。
王睿俐，新西兰梅西大学人工智能专业教授，2003 年获得爱尔兰都柏林城市大学计算机科学专业博士学位。其研究领域涉及语音与语言处理、机器学习和数据挖掘、计算机视觉与图像处理等方面，发表学术论文共 120 余篇，其中 68 篇为期刊论文。目前担任 IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computational Intelligence (IEEE)、Knowledge and Intelligent Systems (Springer)、Applied Soft Computing (Elsevier) 以及 Neurocomputing (Elsevier) 等国际期刊的副编辑（或编委会成员）。指导了 17 名博士和 8 名硕士完成学业。在基于机器学习的语音处理方面，于 2013 年获得了新西兰 Marsden 项目基金资助，并于 2017 年获得了新西兰国家科学挑战的种子项目基金资助。
We have two fully funded PhD positions open at Massey University, New Zealand, in speech processing and natural language processing, respectively. In addition, we have three partially funded PhD scholarships in these two areas.
We are seeking PhD candidates for a $3 million research project funded by the Ministry for Business Innovation and Employment (MBIE), New Zealand. This project, “Automatic Speech Recognition and Natural Language Processing for Q&A systems in Indigenous/Vernacular Languages”, is led by Professor in Artificial Intelligence Ruili Wang from the School of Mathematical and Computational Sciences, Massey University, who will work with a team of researchers including Professor Huia Jahnke and Dr Hona Black from the School of Māori Knowledge, Massey University. The Massey University team will also work in partnership with Professor Michael Witbrock at the University of Auckland, Prof Ng See Kiong and Professor Stephane Bressan at the National University of Singapore.
These funded PhD candidates will be under the supervision of Professor of Artificial Intelligence Ruili Wang. The key idea of this project is to develop a first-of-its kind conversational Q&A system for te reo Māori.
The PhD candidates will use the state-of-the-art data science and deep learning techniques in the areas of Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) for conversational speech recognition/synthesis for te reo Māori, and machine translation as well as Q&A systems.
The 3-year full scholarships include an annual tax-free stipend of NZD$28,000 and tuition fees. The PhD candidates will be mainly based on the Albany campus, Auckland, New Zealand.
The ideal candidate must have
MSc degree (or equivalent) or BSc degree with Honours (or equivalent) in Computer Science/Machine Learning/Deep learning or relevant discipline including Mathematics, Statistics, and Signal Processing.
Motivation and self-determination to complete a PhD within 3 years.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Notions in speech or audio processing, and/or natural language processing.
Programming skills including Python, familiar with and experience in main deep learning frameworks (e.g., PyTorch, Tensorflow).
Ability to handle, organise and structure large volumes of files and data.
Demonstrated high ethical standards, diligence, integrity, professionalism, politeness and a good team player.
The closing date for applications is 30 August 2022 with a start date of on or after 1 Sep 2022. Your application (relevant documents) must be submitted to: email@example.com.
If you would like to know more about this opportunity, please contact Professor of AI, Ruili Wang by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or WeChat (Nzmighty).
The PhD student’s duties will include:
- Presenting a seminar and written report to gain confirmation into a PhD one year after starting.· Preparing for, and meeting regularly, with supervisors to discuss plans and results.
- Presenting plans for research and experimental protocols to supervisors and collaborators for review prior to carrying out the work.
- Travelling to and working with collaborators in Singapore.
- Submitting manuscripts to journals, including at least three research articles, before the PhD thesis is submitted.
- Complying with Ethical and Health and Safety Policies at Massey University, and collaborative organisations, and having consideration for the safety of yourself and others in the workplace.
- Ensuring legislative compliance (e.g., Department of Labour, HSNO, EPA, Animal Ethics) and appropriate data security.
Include the following with your application:
- Cover letter (1-2 pages), explaining your interest and why you think you are suited to the position.
- CV (summarising education, employment, scientific outputs, names of 3 references).
- Copies of educational certificates and transcript of records.